Hi! My name is Gary and this is my home and garden improvement blog. My passion for working on my home and garden began when I bought my first house. It was a run down little place in the suburbs of Sydney. Even though the place was in a bit of a state, it was in a fantastic location. I spent many hours reading up on DIY and gardening tips before setting about improving the place. It was a lot of hard work but it was also a lot of fun. I learnt a lot during that time so I decided to start this blog.
Kitchen renovations typically come with a significant price tag, particularly when you introduce custom designs to suit your personal tastes and requirements. There are a lot of features to contend with, including cabinets and benchtops, splashbacks and appliances and even lighting and paint. There is good news though. If you are looking to inject a touch of you into your kitchen, here are 5 makeover ideas without the high price tag.
1. Kitchen floor: It is amazing the difference a floor can make to a room, particularly a kitchen. A tiled surface that is subjected to food spillages over time can be brought back to life by freshening up of the grout. Floorboards can be polished to reintroduce a lovely new shine. If you are wanting to add a splash of color or introduce a new look and feel, consider a mat—one that is not only safe but easy to keep clean.
2. Accent lighting: The lighting in a kitchen can help create a more inviting atmosphere. Even if you are fortunate to have access to natural light, introducing accent lighting into corners of the room can bring a new feel to the kitchen as a whole. Changing the covers of hanging lights is also a great and relatively inexpensive way to give your kitchen a brand new look.
3. A splash of paint: Nothing brightens a home more than a fresh coat of paint. Kitchen walls may have the appearance of being clean but it's not until you add a touch of paint that you'll notice how they have adjusted over time. Fortunately, you have access to a huge range of paints and colours. Consider creating a feature wall or opt for neutral tones and leave the pops of colour for your accessories, appliances and furniture.
4. New handles or knobs: Have you ever considered how the hardware you choose for your cabinets and cupboards provides your kitchen with the perfect finishing touch? Sometimes it really is the little things that count. Changing your handles or knobs can transform your kitchen from country to modern in an instant. Inexpensive options do exist and with minimal effort you can make over your kitchen in no time.
5. Cabinets: Your cupboards are one of the most used features of your kitchen so it is of little surprise that they can start to look a little dull over time. If their structure is still sound, a fresh coat of paint or stain can give them a new lease on life or alternatively you could replace the doors entirely. Sometimes removing cabinet doors and exposing the shelving can open up your room, making it feel more spacious and allowing you to display some of your most precious plates, appliances and accessories.
Custom kitchen designs need not be out of your reach. If you are looking to give the main room in your home a fresh look, there are definitely many options you can consider. Where your budget stretches further, consider changing your splashback or having a cabinetmaker, such as F & R Classic Cabinets WA Pty Ltd, custom design a brand new layout altogether. The options are almost endless so get creative and start your re-decorating journey today.Share